limited stock Journey's End

Shiraz

Avg. 0 - 0 Ratings Rate this
standard courier: 3 working days

Sold by: Journey's End

R 165

Ready to ship   available2 60 + Sold only in multiples of 6 Bottles

750 ml (Standard)

2014


Cultivar:

100% Shiraz

Country:

South Africa

Rating:

There are currently no ratings available.

Specifications:

14.00% alc vol Sugar g/l: 3.2
Type: Red Wine Cellaring Potential:
Origin: Stellenbosch Appellation: Stellenbosch

Tasting Notes:

Dark ruby in colour. This vintage has beautiful concentrated fruit flavours showing a mix of redcurrant, blueberry, hints of violets and white pepper. A full bodied wine, with finely structured tannins complimenting an elegant, soft finish.

Redcurrant
Redcurrant

Blueberries
Blueberries

Violets
Violets

White Pepper
White Pepper

Those behind Journey’s End have a keen eye on the sustainable and ethical production of their premium wine. There is a tangible and deep respect for the environment, clearly apparent in farming practices that are integrated as closely to nature as is possible. As well as being WEITA, IPW and BWI champion status, Journey’s End converted to Solar power in 2014. The farm became fully Fairtrade in September 2016.

The grapes were handpicked early in the morning from 2 different blocks on the farm. The grapes were picked at 24 balling and stored overnight in the cold room

The next morning, they were hand sorted and destemmed but not crushed. The whole berries were cold soaked for 5 days before inoculation. Fermentation took about 15 days at 18 – 28˚C with a carefully planned pump over schedule to ensure soft tannins. Only free run juice was used and malolactic fermentation was done in barrels. 10% of the wine went through carbonic maceration with the other 90% naturally fermented

The wine was matured for 16 months in 10% new American oak barrels and 20% new French oak barrels. After final blending the wine was only filtered before bottling.

Food pairing

Serve with a good piece of meat also one from the BBQ

Venison Poultry Lamb Beef
 Selected for you 
 BEST sellers 

Reviews

0 Ratings

To rate this wine, please login

Top Comments

HOW CAN WE ASSIST?

Port2Port is a fine wine marketplace and online wine shop; offering a vast selection of the best wines available, including rare vintages, special cases and fine spirits. Once you place your order online, we ship directly from the source, ensuring optimum cellaring conditions and guaranteed provenance.


For any order-related, product-listing or general enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 021-422-1872, e-mail help@port2port.wine or select the live chat tab in the bottom-right corner of your screen to speak directly to one of our consultants.

Wine-Searcher - Gold 2017 - Gold 2018

Port2Port Wine News

Sign-up to receive our Newsletter and join the great wine debate.