Gabriëlskloof

Syrah On Sandstone

Avg. 0 - 0 Ratings Rate this
standard courier: 3 working days

Sold by: Publik

R 375

Ready to ship   available1 X 20

750 ml (Standard)

2015


Cultivar:

100% Syrah

Country:

South Africa

Rating:

93 Points - Tim Atkin 92 Points - Christian Eedes 4.5 Stars - Platter's

Specifications:

13.50% alc vol Sugar g/l: 1.73
Type: Red Wine Cellaring Potential: 7 yrs
Origin: Walker Bay Appellation: Bot River

Tasting Notes:

The bouquet is savoury, with black olive, white pepper and violets lifting from the glass, all highlighting this as a cool climate, rocky vineyard Syrah. This spice is complemented by elegant, delicate purity of fruit and a tannin base that will ensure its longevity.

Plum
Plum

Black Olive
Black Olive

Violets
Violets

White Pepper
White Pepper

The Landscape Series is a range of five wines that show the best of Gabriëlskloof’s vineyards and winemaking and aims to be a sincere representation of the elements that make them unique.We wanted the labels to reflect this approach and commissioned Niël Jonker – well-known for his landscape panels painted on location – to capture the spirit of our Overberg landscapes.

The Syrah from Sandstone site is mountainous and made up of broken Sandstone rock, making it incredibly tough for vineyards to grow. This merciless environment leads to low vigour and very small yields, resulting in a complex, unique wine.

The fruit was hand-picked into small crates and transferred directly into our cool room where it remained overnight. 70% of the crop was destemmed with the remaining 30% left as whole clusters.

The wine was fermented wild and aged in 500L barrels for 18 months, with 30% new French Oak used.

Food pairing

Delicious with slow cooked lamb stew or oxtail.

Hard Cheese Venison Beef Lamb
 Selected for you 
 BEST sellers 

Reviews

0 Ratings

To rate this wine, please login

Top Comments

We recommend

HOW CAN WE ASSIST?

Port2Port is a fine wine marketplace and online wine shop; offering a vast selection of the best wines available, including rare vintages, special cases and fine spirits. Once you place your order online, we ship directly from the source, ensuring optimum cellaring conditions and guaranteed provenance.


For any order-related, product-listing or general enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 021-422-1872, e-mail help@port2port.wine or select the live chat tab in the bottom-right corner of your screen to speak directly to one of our consultants.

Wine-Searcher - Gold 2017 - Gold 2018

Port2Port Wine News

Sign-up to receive our Newsletter and join the great wine debate.